SSC offers a unique course that has been developed exclusively for travellers into hostile environments. A course that teaches you the skills and knowledge to protect yourself and your loved ones.
There are two prevailing attitudes regarding personal safety and security: Be prepared; or, “It will not happen to me”. What is your view (enter online survey)?
After attending a course, I have now developed and practice my own personal safety and security routine when traveling. Let me share them with you.
6 steps for travelling safely:
- Be prepared. Ask yourself the night before you travel: “What have I forgotten”?
- Have a plan. If you are forced to evacuate or face a life-threatening situation, what will you do?
- Be familiar with your Everyday Carry (EDC) kit. Know how to navigate, call for help, survive unlawful captivity or walk away from a crash.
- Maintain excellent situational awareness. More than anything, this will help you survive in any hostile environment.
- Just breathe. Do not panic. You will learn an effective and easy technique that will prevent you from panicking.
- Stay hydrated. We do not drink enough when travelling, yet we must stay hydrated. You will learn how to get clean drinking water from anywhere and stay hydrated.